Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day late again! 7 weeks out

Yesterday was 7 week since surgery. I had a pretty busy day so I forgot to update my blog. Oops.

I weighed in yesterday morning at 252.2 pounds. That's 42 pounds since surgery and a total of 53 pounds lost. I am squarely in the part of losing where I can't really see the changes taking place. I'm sure that's probably because I do spend a fair amount of time in the mirror wondering when I'm going to sprout a collarbone or what I'm going to look like thin. I keep wondering how my face will change. It seems strange really.

One cool thing that happened yesterday though was that I went to a Meet-up last night in Raleigh about plastic surgery. Yes, I know it's early yet, but given the price tag I'm sure it's never too early to think about it and certainly not too early to start saving money for it. Geez, the cost!!!! Anyway, I digress.....

I walked in to the room and one of our male Meet-up members who used to be quite a big guy (and who looks great now!), walked up and said, "Wow, you look great! You're losing so fast!" I was so stunned, I didn't know what to say. I think I stammered out a "Thank you." At least I hope I did. I do remember asking if he really thought he could tell a pretty major difference. He swore he could tell.

So there you go. Changes. And I can't even really tell. I think I'm ready to be at the point where none of my clothes fit, but I have to remind myself daily that I didn't get fat in one day and I'm not going to get thin in one day either. And right now, it looks like I'm losing at about 4 pounds a week. I'll take it.

I'm going to sit on Gerald until he takes a picture today, and I have to do measurements as well. I'll post when I have all that info. Maybe he can do another morphing thing with my pre-op picture like the did with the one on Day 25. Maybe that will help me to see the changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment