Sunday, March 1, 2009

Yesterday was my 1 mo. Surgiversary!

"Surgiversary" is what we call an anniversary in WLS terms. I woke up to a good ol' DS cleaning out, and weighed. A friend of mine from the DS board says we should weigh first thing in the morning, post DS poop, while naked, dehydrated and exhaling. So that's what I did. I weighed in at 262, so that's exactly 32 pounds since surgery, for a total of 43 pounds over all.

It's been a pretty quiet weekend. We went to mom's yesterday and that was nice, well, except for the rain and cold and general yuckiness of the weather. I took her some clothes that I'd gotten from a clothing swap that are not my style. Mom really appreciated them! We also stopped by and saw Adrianne and Todd yesterday. Just hung around and BS-ed for a while.

Today I didn't feel very good. Nothing bad, just not a lot of energy. So we've laid around all day except for the trip to the grocery store. I've been wrapped up in my Snuggie that Mom gave me for my birthday and another blanket. Did I mention that I am constantly cold since surgery? Geez! I've never known anything like this! Gerald also built a fire in the fireplace and it was nice. I could tell when it went out. I really do long for one of those days when it's sunny and 90 degrees and I can go lay in the sun by the pool and get warm! Kinda like a blue-tailed skink on the concrete sidewalk.

And since it's so gross outside, the least it could do is SNOW! I'd love to see one more before winter is gone. I hope we wake up to one in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment