Friday, February 27, 2009

A New Old Interview Suit

Yesterday I had 2 different interviews. I know I haven't formally said it, but I am losing my job on March 13th. I am trying to be really, really positive about the opportunity to move into clinical research though. So no cryin' in my beer for me, although that technically is all I can do with it. The beer, that is.

Another wow for me was that I wore a tailored black linen suit that I've had for years and could no longer wear. It fit and I had room. I hope to use it much more in the near future because it hopefully will quickly become too big. I also wore pantyhose and all the other girlie undergarments and I felt totally ok. About 40 pounds ago, I felt like a sausage stuffed into a skin that was 2 sizes too small. Heck, I wouldn't have worn hose either. Just too uncomfortable.

And the interviews? I'd hate to jinx myself, but I think I brought my A game. I came away feeling that I could not have possibly done any better. I'll wait to declare that I hit it out of the park once I get an offer somewhere. But the true test will be next week when I meet with the VP of R&D. That's the one I'm really sweating.......

Well, off to the gym. At least mine doesn't play Oingo Boingo. No spinning me right round here.

No comments:

Post a Comment