Wednesday, February 25, 2009

4 weeks out today!

I can't believe that 4 weeks ago I was in a hospital room with my guts newly rearranged. I was groggy, but thankful to be alive and not in much pain. I was thankful to see Gerald's sweet handsome face! And thankful to be given this chance at a new life!

Since Wednesdays are weigh in days, I did weight this morning, although it was kind of a less dramatic thing than if I hadn't weighed on Sunday. I really need to put the scales away except for on Wednesdays. Anyway, I weighed in today at 264.6, so that so close to 30 pounds lost since surgery, I'm calling it! That makes 41 pounds overall.

I'm really pleased with my progress, though it seems a bit surreal to me at this point. People say that they see a difference. All I know is I'm sick of eating the way I have to and wish I could down a whole cheeseburger like in days of old. But I know my life will never be the same. And no point in whining about the food, because I know it will get better, eventually. Hey, I did eat the inside out of a beef meximelt from Taco Bell for lunch and it didn't hurt. Thank God for small miracles. I guess I need to remind myself of how far I have come in 4 weeks. Never have I lost 30 pounds (or even 41 pounds) so effortlessly. I mean, food tastes weird, so I suppose it's at least we get the reward of rapid weight loss. Sorry for the rant. I'm done now. I guess I just have to keep reminding myself that I didn't wake up skinny.

In other wows..... not only am I wearing clothes of my own that I had outgrown a while ago, I am having other wows along the way. As I posted yesterday, we went to Memorial Hall at UNC to see the Neville Bros. and Dr. John last night for Mardi Gras. Well, when I sat in the seat, I had extra room!!! It was another wow that snuck up on me when I wasn't looking! In fact, I had room in the seat to move around and I dropped something on the floor and could bend all the way over my belly and pick it up from the floor without cutting off the air to my lungs!!! Now I wonder if I should keep a spreadsheet with all my wows in it. But that'd be just a little too anal, wouldn't it?

Hope today is a wonderful one!

No comments:

Post a Comment