Wednesday, April 8, 2009

10 weeks ago today......

... I climbed up on a surgical table that would change my life. I can't believe it's been 10 weeks. I remember being in the very early stages of post-op life and only being able to drink those awful liquids and thinking I'd never make it to better days. Invariably, every one of my post-op friends swore to me it would get better and darned if it hasn't! Of course then I was cursing them under my breath... LOL. But the proof is in the pudding as they say. And this morning I had a cup of coffee with cream and Splenda, one egg over easy and 2 slices of bacon. Life is indeed very good. If it's remotely possible to love bacon more since surgery, I think I'm there.

So on to the numbers. As of this morning, I am down to 242.4, which is 52 pounds lost since surgery and a total of 63 pounds from my highest weight. I can't believe that in just 3 more pounds I will be in the 230s, something I haven't seen since 2001 when Karen and I ran the Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon. I was SO in shape then, but for the sake of my knees, I am refraining from running until I hit the 200 pounds mark. One of my 1st goals is to weigh less than Gerald. I will do that this month. I am only 8 pounds away from weighing the same as him. It's going to be a glorious day when I hit that mark! I did take measurements on the 24th of March and I lost an additional 9.125 inches, for a total loss of 30.875 inches.

I've gone from a 46DD bra down to a comfortable 42D. Clothing sizes are harder to pin down, but I think I've gone from a 24/26 down to a 20. I can wear some things that are 18s and others that are 22s. Levis, for example, must run small because I'm in 22 in those. But I'll take it. All I know is that I haven't been able to wear those jeans in YEARS (and heck, they're practically brand new)! I can wear plain old XL sweat pants - not 1X, there IS a distinction. I can wear 18 tops and thanks to the "girls", I do still have to have 1X in some tops. But hey, a little while ago, a 1X would have been a dream. One thing that does surprise me is that I am finding out how to buy clothes that are comfortable but that fit. I'm used to wearing clothes that look like a tent. But the other day I bought a cute printed knit top from TJ Maxx. It fits me without being too tight. I put it on last Saturday and Gerald said, "Damn Baby, you look hot!" Did I mention that I love that man?

So while I do long to see more changes faster, I can see the changes that have taken place. I do have to remind myself to look for them. I still wonder what I will look like when I reach goal weight. It boggles the mind. I hope I am lucky enough to see people that don't recognize me. That would be SO cool! This truly IS a gift and a journey. I am enjoying taking the scenic route, because so far, the scenery is really improving. I thank God each and every day for my life and the gift of having a healthier new me!

Now, if only I can get my friend Nancy to come raid my closet. There is a lot of beautiful linen here with her name ALL over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment